The Art of ScryingMay 11, 2016
Most everyone is familiar with the image of a jeweled gypsy gazing deep into a crystal ball to tell your fortune. What this traditional image doesn’t reveal is that the art of scrying is indeed real, and can be explored by anyone who is interested in seeing into the future.
Scrying, or crystallomancy, is the practice of looking into a smooth and reflective surface for spiritual visions or information about future events. The clairvoyant uses the scrying method as a way to receive and interpret messages from other realms. These messages can reveal information about past events, present circumstances, and the future. These messages are seen within the surface that could be a crystal ball, smooth stone, a dish of water or even a mirror.
This mystical practice is found in cultures all around the world from all historical times, dating as far back as the Druids. There is even evidence that many early Native American groups used sacred crystals to see visions. Scrying gained popularity during Medieval times and the beliefs grew and flourished throughout the Victorian era when it was believed a woman would see the face of her husband if she looked into the mirror on Halloween night.
The practice of scrying is not as simple as looking into a crystal ball and having visions magically appear, but with the effort you can use this powerful tool to your benefit.
If you want to delve into the world of scrying, it helps if you have already explored your clairvoyant abilities and intuition, as well as established a regular meditation practice. This will help you enter the right mindset easily, sit comfortably for an extended period of time and open yourself up to the information that you will receive.
Here are some more tips for discovering the art of scrying:
- Ask for spiritual protection from your guardian angels and spirit guides. This is always good practice to keep you safe when opening yourself up to other realms.
- Get comfortable. Find a safe place where you won’t be disturbed and dim the lights. Spend time using your breath to relax both your body and mind.
- Gaze into the candle before shifting your gaze to the crystal ball, mirror or flat surface of your choice.
- Relax your focus and let yourself go. Look past the object, feel yourself flow into the object and allow yourself to observe your thoughts and feelings without judgment.
- Let yourself go and don’t try to force any one vision or thought. See and feel what comes to you, not what you want to see. Be an observer first and foremost.
- Record your experience in a journal. Make special note of any animals or symbols that appeared in your vision and start to explore how it might apply to your question.
Whether you explore the art of scrying yourself or you turn to a trusted psychic advisor, this ancient art can be a valuable method for helping you gain clarity and understanding.